Saturday, June 12, 2010

Home

Long ago and far away
I was once
Whispery, pale and fragile
A delicate white moth
Easily crushed underfoot
Or more likely
In the palm of an 'owner's' hand

And each night
I was resurrected
I never rested
For I had to rebuild
Relive
For the dawn

Outside
I could not filter out pollution
Toxins and such
Of a thousand voices
That said the same:
"Worthless! Useless! Vile!"

And I returned each night
Into my cacoon
Neither safe nor comforting
But the only place I could find

And each night
Lying awake
I saw a Italic
Shadow
That I was
Convinced was
Evil
Bad...
Wrong

This was repeated on me
Over and over

I could see
The blood leaking from It's eyes
The stains upon the hands
The Darkness surrounding
It

I wanted to be
Unsoiled
Untouched
Since my mind could not find
Peace
Let my body and Spirit be free!

But It came
It came...
And it was magnificent!

Black leather wings
And bottonless eyes
That were
Truth
Destiny
Care

I've awoken from the slumber
The moth need not land here
And the monsters...
The voices...
Just pale memories

It
The Shadow
My black sentinal

I need not feel your embrace
For we are one
Me and You
Merged in
Blood
Tears
And battle Scars...

Me and You
Are what count as
Truth

Lightness is not an ever present state of purity
Darkness is not defilement

Darkness...
Is being lost
Is letting yourself be lost
Is letting them lead you

Lightness...
Is what it is,
Present
Ephemral
Future
And Past

But when the merge...
Oh!
Then we have won!

No comments: